As businesses across the UK – and indeed the world – focus on getting back on track, there’s a growing impetus to embed greater sustainability into the recovery.
But with many organisations freezing budgets and delaying all but essential capital expenditure, working towards targets like net zero may not feel practical right now.
That’s why we’ve done our best to answer the questions many of our customers are asking us in our latest podcast: Why Businesses Should Back Net Zero. Listen now to hear more about the benefits, opportunities and challenges of the green recovery.
Navigating a path to net zero
A lot is hinging on the policies, obligations and incentives that are expected to be unveiled when the government releases its long-awaited Energy White Paper and Net Zero Review. It was hoped these would be published this autumn, but further delays are likely.
For now, there are few tangible support measures on the table for businesses wanting to invest in measures to aid their sustainability ambitions.
But it’s hoped these forthcoming announcements will provide more clarity on what businesses will be expected to do, with what – and by when.
Guidance for business
For this podcast, we are joined by Michael Holder, Deputy Editor at BusinessGreen, who shares his knowledge and insights on what many in the business community are looking for, and what we can realistically expect.
Along with myself, our own Stuart Beasley, Head of Energy Solutions and Generation Services Sales, also brings his many years of experience to the discussion, with plenty of actionable advice that businesses can harness for benefit.
In particular, this podcast covers:
- What support businesses can expect to help meet the UK’s 2050 net zero target
- How our national energy infrastructure will need to change to achieve net zero
- The role of energy efficiency and new technologies in meeting targets
- What opportunities greater energy decentralisation will bring for businesses
- Good – and bad – examples of business/corporate sustainability pledges
- The benefits to businesses of setting ambitious net zero goals
- What businesses can do now – and what should they be aiming to do in the medium term
You can listen to the podcast here.
If you have any questions, or would like to know more about the support and expertise available to help your business meet net zero targets, you can contact your Client Lead (for existing customers). Or drop us an email and a member of our team will be in touch.