The situation regarding the COVID-19 (coronavirus) pandemic is changing rapidly in the UK and we want to keep you updated with npower Business Solutions' actions to ensure business continuity.
We are continuing to operate our client accounts on a business as usual basis and at the moment, a skeleton staff are working from a few selected offices, while the vast majority of our workforce are able to work from home. However, we are continually reviewing government advice alongside World Health Organisation and Public Health England guidelines, and as a result of the ongoing coronavirus outbreak, the safety for all parties is our number one priority. With that in mind, we have taken the decision to suspend all non-essential metering activity.
Our Crisis Management Team has convened and is meeting regularly to assess the prevailing situation and to take appropriate action.
We continue to monitor government guidelines relating to assessment of suspected infections and preventative measures. In order to play our part in preventing the spread of coronavirus to the wider community we have taken the following steps to protect our clients, partners, and colleagues:
- The vast majority of employees are working from home and employees will be not be travelling to site unless it is critical to do so
- Wherever possible we will be using virtual meeting facilities e.g. Skype
- There will be no external visitors to our sites and access is limited to those carrying out business critical activities
- We are also preparing and making contingency planning for reduced staffing levels due to illness and dependent care arrangements
- As the situation develops we will communicate accordingly and add to frequently asked questions
npower Business Solutions